Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the surrender system in CS2, a feature reminiscent of its predecessor, CS:GO. This guide aims to give players a clear understanding of when and how to initiate the surrender process in CS2 and the subsequent outcomes of such a decision.
Prerequisites for Initiating a Surrender Vote
Before diving into the steps of initiating a surrender, it’s essential to grasp the conditions under which a surrender vote can be launched. Specifically:
- A surrender can only be set in motion if one of your teammates has exited the game. It’s a feature designed to offer teams a way out in the face of unforeseen player departures.
- Attempting to rally a surrender vote while all five players are active and in-game will be in vain, as the system doesn’t support such a vote under these conditions.
- The weight of this decision is heavy; once a team decides to surrender, they’re willingly accepting a loss.
Steps to Initiate a Surrender Vote
There are two pathways to start the surrender vote:
Through the In-Game Menu:
- In-game Menu Access: Commence by pressing the ‘Esc’ key, bringing forth the in-game menu.
- Voting Section: Here, you’ll spot a “Call Vote” option. Select it to proceed.
- Surrender Selection: From the types of votes presented, pick “Surrender.”
Through the Loadout Menu:
- Loadout Navigation: Direct your attention to the top of the game screen where “Loadout” is situated.
- Voting Mechanism: Upon clicking “Loadout”, a drop-down will present “Call Vote.” Opt for it.
- Prompted to Vote: With this, a dedicated voting window emerges, signaling the players to cast their vote.
Casting a Vote
Upon the activation of a surrender vote, an evident notification box will make its presence known on the right flank of your screen. Here’s what to do next:
- Affirmative Action: If you’re in favor of waving the white flag, press ‘F1’ to vote “Yes.”
- Negative Response: Not quite ready to throw in the towel? ‘F2’ corresponds to the “No” vote.
- A nugget from CS2’s archives: there was a time when only a solitary “Yes” vote could dictate the game’s premature end.
Outcomes of a Successful Surrender
If the winds blow in the favor of surrender:
- Brace yourself for the inevitable: A game loss is stamped on the surrendering team’s record.
- Your game rating isn’t immune to this decision; a nosedive is a real possibility.
- Following the game’s cessation, players are channeled to a series of screens: first, the post-match analysis, then a brief sojourn in the pre-match lobby, and lastly, the familiar confines of the main lobby.
Limitations of the Surrender Option
Even though the surrender option might seem versatile, there are boundaries:
- Save it for the serious bouts, as this tool is solely available for matchmaking games, staying out of reach in the laid-back casual game arena.
- Concerned about your comings and goings in standard games? Breathe easy; you can enter and exit without facing any consequences.
- Even after folding via a surrender, the gates to ranked queues remain welcomingly open.